To the Members of The Florida Bar International Law Section:
Please review the Section Report prepared by Francisco Corrales, Treasurer, regarding upcoming events, updates and more…
The Section Reports on the following events and invites all to attend:
1. The Fifth Annual International Litigation and Arbitration Conference The ILAC Conference is almost here! It will be held on Thursday and Friday, April 19-20 at The Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables.
An invitation from Chair-Elect, Ed Davis:
We are on the verge of having our most successful ILAC seminar ever and would very much appreciate your attendance. I know that some of you are already attending and/or speaking and I thank you. For the rest of you I commend this program to you and those in your firms doing international. We have three Federal Judges speaking and other speakers from around the world. We have definitely taken it up a notch and we need your support. Thanks.
For more information, please see the attached brochure or contact Section Administrator Angela Froelich at email@example.com
2. Save the Date Brazil: Legal Issues in International Environment and Energy The Section is pleased to announce a CLE seminar in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is set for Labor Day Weekend, September 3-4, 2007 and will feature presentations on the environment, investment climate, trade relations, intellectual property and ethics. Sponsorships are available. For more information, please visit the event website at www.brazilcle.com or contact Event Chair, Professor Pamella Seay at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Save the Date ABA Section of International Law Fall Meeting The American Bar Association is holding its Fall meeting in London from October 3-6 at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London. The Section is a cooperating entity for this meeting and we will have more information as it develops. Please visit: http://www.abanet.org/intlaw/fall07/Fall-2007-Agenda.pdf
4. Save the Date FDA and U.S. Customs Compliance Update The Sections Customs Committee invites all to the following:
Topic: FDA and U.S. Customs Compliance Update for Importers of Food Products, Including Perishables, Plus Cosmetics and Dietary Supplements
Date: June 13, 2007
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon
Place: Miami Free Zone, corner of 107th Ave. and 25th Street, Room 1M-10 (free parking, but bring picture ID to get through security)
Speakers: FDA’sFlorida District Director, Emma Singleton, and FDA’s Miami Import Branch Manager, Ted Ogdahl, and U.S. Customs Supervisory Import Specialist Lisi Bush, plus customs brokers and lawyers experienced in FDA regulated products and procedures
For more information, please contact Customs Committee Chairman Peter Quinter at email@example.com
5. American Non-Governmental Organizations Coalition for the International Criminal Court (AMICC) The Section invites all Members interested in creating a local alliance of AMICC here in Florida to get involved. For more information, please see http://internationallawsection.org/modules/Static_Docs/data/Invitations/20070418 Invitation to Join American NGOs Coalition for the ICC-Florida Local Alliance.pdf and contact Section member Professor Michael Tessitore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Vis Competition Keeping their tradition of solid results, Floridas law schools performed very well in the Fourteenth Annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition held in Vienna, Austria. For the past three years, the Section has been proud to sponsor Florida law schools in Pre-Competition preparation rounds in Orlando, as well as in the actual competition in Vienna. We invite the participants to attend the Sections Annual Meeting in Orlando to share their experiences. Another job well done!
7. United States Trade Representative Updates From the Office of the USTR:
a. US-Korea Free Trade Agreement Update: http://www.ustr.gov/assets/Document_Library/Fact_Sheets/2007/asset_upload_file649_11034.pdf
b. US-Panama Free Trade Agreement Update: http://www.ustr.gov/assets/Document_Library/Fact_Sheets/2007/asset_upload_file975_10234.pdf
c. Release of 2007 National Trade Estimate Report on Foreign Trade Barriers: http://www.ustr.gov/Document_Library/Reports_Publications/2007/2007_NTE_Report/Section_Index.html
d. To subscribe to USTR Updates by e-mail: http://www.ustr.gov/Email_Updates/subscribe.html
8. Save the Date – Section Annual Meeting The Section invites all to attend our Annual Meeting on Friday, June 29th at the Orlando World Center Marriott. More information forthcoming.
For the International Law Section,