New Firm to Focus on International Asset Recovery, Financial Fraud, Cross-Border Insolvency and Financial Services Litigation
April 11, 2017
Edward H. Davis, Jr., a founding shareholder of Astigarraga Davis, today announced the opening of Sequor Law to focus on representing clients internationally in asset recovery, financial fraud, cross-border insolvency and financial services litigation. Sequor Law’s attorneys include all members of the Astigarraga Davis top-ranked asset recovery team.
Jose Astigarraga and the other attorneys in the firm’s international arbitration practice have moved their practice to join a global law firm.
Davis and Gregory Grossman, another founding shareholder, consider this a natural next step in the development of their respective law practices.
“We are energized about the evolution of our practices. The new platform of Sequor Law will better position us to meet a growing global demand for our high-quality legal counsel,” said Davis, a certified fraud examiner who has been recognized as the Asset Recovery Lawyer of the Year for the past four years by Who’s Who Legal and who has an internationally recognized financial fraud, asset recovery and international litigation practice. “It will enable the attorneys at Sequor Law to continue building upon our unique strengths and pursue significant new opportunities in areas we excel, while also becoming more nimble in today’s ever-changing legal environment.”
Added Davis: “Sequor Law derives its name from the Latin word ‘to pursue, to chase, to attain,’ and signifies our core values: the agile, aggressive, and relentless pursuit of assets and success on behalf of our clients.”
Sequor Law’s international insolvency and financial services litigation practice is headed by Grossman. He will focus his practice on creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, insolvency litigation, and operational bank litigation. Grossman filed the first Chapter 15 Petition in the state of Florida and is recognized as a thought leader in the use of cross-border insolvency proceedings on behalf of creditors and fraud victims.
Sequor Law’s multi-lingual team includes:
- Annette Escobar, a shareholder and certified financial crime specialist who focuses her practice on representing insolvency practitioners in international insolvency cases
- Arnoldo Lacayo, a shareholder, certified specialist in asset recovery, and incoming chair of The Florida Bar International Law Section who focuses his practice on international corruption investigations and asset recovery for governments and state-owned enterprises
- Daniel Coyle, an associate who represents creditors and insolvency practitioners in domestic and international insolvency matters
- Nyana Abreu Miller, an associate who focuses her practice on asset recovery for women in cross-border divorce cases
- Andrés Sandoval, an associate focusing his practice on international judgment and arbitral award collection
- Cristina Vicens Beard, an associate focusing her practice on representing victims in the recovery of assets in cross border frauds
In addition, attorney John Silbermann, most recently with the Office of Collection in the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, joins the firm as senior counsel and will focus his practice on international asset recovery.
At Sequor Law, the attorneys will continue their collaboration with ICC FraudNet, a world-class network of specialized attorneys, best-in-class investigators, and forensic accountants.
About Sequor Law
Sequor Law is a Miami-based international law firm representing financial institutions, sovereign governments and state owned enterprises, public and non-public companies, insolvency practitioners and individual clients in the areas of asset recovery, financial fraud, insolvency and financial services litigation. More information is available at www.SequorLaw.com