ILS Chair’s News & Notes
Happy Friday! Thank you to the ILS Members who graciously contributed and donated great work clothes for our Dress for Success Clothing Drive. Congratulations to Jackie Villalba and the Women’s Committee for its fabulous fundraising efforts. If you are still editing your closet or about to embark on a Marie Kondo experience, we will still accept donations. Please reach out to Jackie Villalba (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a drop off.
For ILS Members who love crossing stuff off the to-do list, here are a few items to finish before 2020:
- Donate your gently used work clothes to the ILS Women’s Committee for Dress fo Success. We’ll take men’s clothes too!
- RSVP for the January 9, ILS Lunch & Learn program featuring Rebekah Poston at FTI. Reserve your seat here Carolina.Mijatovic@ftci.com.
- Sign up to be a guest arbitrator on February 29 at the Richard DeWitt Memorial Pre-Moot Vis Competition at JAMS, Miami, Florida.
- Block your calendar for the trifecta of ILS events February 27-February 29, 2020.
Here are your 2020 dates:
- Thursday, January 9 – ILS Lunch & Learn featuring Rebekah Poston and hosted by FTI;
- Wednesday, January 22 – ILS Live Audio Webcast on Non-Immigrant Visa Processing in the Caribbean. Course No. 3566 and CLEs;
- Thursday, February 27 – ILS Executive Council Winter Meeting followed by the Opening Cocktail Reception for the iLaw2020, Miami, Florida;
- Friday, February 28 – iLaw2020 at the JW Marriot Marquis, Miami. Registration link to follow.
- Saturday, February 29 – Richard DeWitt Memorial Pre-Moot Vis Competition at JAMS, Miami, Florida. 7.5+ CLE Credits. Sign up to arbitrate here: https://forms.gle/
On behalf of the ILS Board, we wish you all Happy Holidays with fun and cheer.
All the best,