Become a Member
International Law is one of the most wide-ranging, exciting and challenging legal specialties. Everyone in our field knows how crucial it is to stay on top of diverse and evolving national legal regimes, and at the same time, the difficulty of keeping meticulously up-to-date on developments around the world.
The International Law Section (ILS) of The Florida Bar is here to help you, the practitioner, navigate both the everyday and big-picture challenges of our field. Our Section is your forum to share knowledge and best practices, and to meet and mingle with peers in professional collaborations that can only enhance your grasp of the specialty and your standing among clients and peers.
Let ILS membership assist you in developing a thriving international practice through peer network development that includes important shared learnings and reciprocal referrals of clients and casework.
If your practice transcends borders, join us in making this the authoritative, go-to forum for Florida and the gateway to the region for anyone practicing International Law. Our Section is open to lawyers from other states and countries, full-time faculty at U.S. law schools, and full-time U.S. law students, all of whom may participate as associate members. (Click for membership form PDF)
(We hope you’ll also consider specialty certification opportunities that only The Florida Bar can provide.)
Here are just a few of the benefits of International Law Section membership:
- The International Law Quarterly, which covers current international issues in numerous areas, including tax, foreign investment, real estate, immigration, banking, corporate, and dispute-resolution law.
- Weekly updates on items of interest to section members.
- Speaking, publication, and networking opportunities.
- Discounted access to CLE seminars.
- The opportunity to support Florida and other law students through our annual Pre-Competition for the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
- The opportunity to help protect and enhance the quality of Florida’s legal environment for international issues through our legislative and amicus committees.
- Seminars and meetings, including:
- Our annual International Litigation and Arbitration Conference
- Our annual International Business Transactions Conference
- Topical roundtable discussions and webinars
- Opportunities to participate in more than 20 Section committees.
- Additional opportunities for participating in and structuring Section events.
If you share our enthusiasm, we hope that you will join us!